Join our Team
If you are a skilled therapist, Shelley and Shari want to hear from you. Our discussion could lead to you joining a tremendous team. And to us landing a tremendous colleague.
Do you want to be part of a nurturing professional community? One that emphasizes evidence-based and compassionate treatment? And also places great value on your continuous training? This is the place.
Our work environment is a dream come true
- We work in a beautifully-renovated clinic designed to evoke calm and wellness. It’s a really lovely place to spend your work day.
- We work hard at being a supportive community practice and we care deeply about each other. People are incredibly generous, funny, warm, and encouraging within our clinic.
Teaching and Learning are as important as clinical services
- Individual and group supervision and DBT/EFT Consultation Teams are regular and consistent. Our on-site training, workshops and professional development opportunities are intentional. We invest big-time in our learning.
- Shelley received intensive training with Dr. Marsha Linehan and is certified by the DBT-Linehan Board of Certification as a DBT individual and group clinician. She currently serves on the DBT Strategic Planning Committee. She is currently the President of the North American Society for Psychotherapy Research and is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto.
- Shari trained with Dr. Leslie Greenberg and is a certified Emotion-Focused (EFT) therapist and supervisor. She is passionate about training therapists in the art and science of therapeutic presence, to create effective and meaningful therapeutic relationships. She has authored two books and several publications on cultivating presence. Shari serves on the teaching faculty at York University and University of Toronto.
Clinical food for thought
- We specialize in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Self-Compassion. If you work within these treatment frameworks, you’ll love our attention to detail and our commitment to learning.
- We are like clockwork with our Sanghas, instructive and fun gatherings for our therapists. Bi-monthly we come together for a creative mindfulness practice or topic of learning. We like to have fun.
- We care about and do research. We study our work, we write about it and we’re eager to contribute to shared learning and improvements.
If you want to learn a lot about DBT and EFT (even if you already know a lot), we’re a great place to do it. And if you also want to have opportunities to become an outstanding group leader and trainer, we’re a great place to do that as well.
Everyone feels welcome here. Once you’re a member of our team, we go overboard in making you a part of our clinic community. If this feels like a spot-on description of what you’re looking for in your professional life, then the next steps are to be in touch.
Send us a brief letter outlining your experience and clinical interests. Don’t forget to highlight your experience with DBT, EFT and Self-Compassion and Mindfulness approaches. Please also include your resume.