Join our Team
If you are a skilled and compassionate therapist who is interested in being a part of a supportive community of therapists, Shelley and Shari ask that you reach them. The Centre for MindBody Health has a tremendous team of Associates. We come together often in shared learning and we are always looking to add strong clinicians to our community of practice.
Do you see yourself as part of a nurturing professional community? One that emphasizes evidence-based and compassionate treatment? And one that places a great deal of emphasis on your continuous training? This is the place.
Please view our brochure to learn more about the psychotherapy services our team offers.
Our clinic team is carefully chosen, it is a dream come true…
- We work hard at being a supportive community practice and we care deeply about each other. People are incredibly generous, funny, warm, and encouraging within our clinic.
- When things relax and we return to office, you will work in a beautifully-renovated mid-town Toronto clinic designed to evoke calm and wellness. It’s a really lovely place to spend your work day.
Teaching and learning are as important as clinical services...
- Individual and group supervision and DBT/EFT Consultation Teams are regular and consistent. Our on-site training, workshops and professional development opportunities are intentional. We invest big-time in our learning.
- Shelley received intensive training with Dr. Marsha Linehan and is the first Canadian clinical practitioner certified by the DBT-Linehan Board of Certification as a Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) individual and group clinician. She currently serves on the DBT Strategic Planning Committee of the Linehan Institute, is the President of the North American Society for Psychotherapy Research, oversees the Borderline Personality Disorder Clinic in the Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAMH) and is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto.
- Shari trained with Dr. Leslie Greenberg and is a certified Emotion-Focused (EFT) therapist and supervisor. She is an international trainer and expert in the art and science of Therapeutic Presence (TP), focusing on creating effective and meaningful therapeutic relationships. She has authored two seminal books and several publications on cultivating therapeutic presence. She is on an international team with Chris Germer developing the first Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy (SCIP) certification. Shari serves on the teaching faculty at York University and the University of Toronto.
Clinical food for thought...
- We specialize in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Self-Compassion. If you work within these treatment frameworks, you’ll love our attention to detail and our commitment to learning.
- We are like clockwork with our Sanghas, instructive and fun gatherings for our therapists. We come together every other month for a creative mindfulness practice or topic of learning. We like to have fun together.
- We care about and do research. We study and constantly develop our work and approaches. We write about it and we’re eager to contribute to shared learning and improvements.
If you want to learn a lot about DBT, EFT and Mindful Self-Compassion (even if you already know a lot), we are a great place to do it. And if you also want to have opportunities to become an outstanding group leader and/or trainer, we’re a great place to do that as well.
Everyone feels welcome here. Once you’re a member of our team, we go overboard in making you a part of our clinic community. If this feels like a spot-on description of what you’re looking for in your professional life, then be in touch.
Please send us a brief letter outlining your experience and clinical interests. Don’t forget to highlight your experience with DBT, EFT, Self-Compassion and Mindfulness approaches. Please also include your resume.