Presence and Self-Compassion Retreat for Therapists, Educators and Caregivers: Mindful Drumming, Photography and Meditation
Offering compassionate care and teaching can be immensely rewarding, yet emotionally demanding for helping professionals, caregivers, and educators. Sustained attention and care of others, as a therapist, educator, parent or child of aging parents, without a balance of compassion and care for self, can lead to burn-out and exhaustion.
This retreat provides an opportunity for self-care, restoration and connection in a beautiful setting. Innovative tools for cultivating presence, such as drumming, photography, mindfulness and self-compassion will be practiced together. These tools provide creative and playful ways to cultivate presence and self-compassion.
With the cultivation of presence and self-compassion, we can develop greater trust in our ability to move through work and life challenges with greater ease, while feeling energized, calm, and centered. This can help us to return to our work and care of others, with greater attention, energy, purpose, while balancing care for ourselves.
This retreat takes place in the magical Beaver Valley in Grey/Bruce county, where the beauty of nature can support our cultivation of presence, self-compassion and overall wellbeing.
No prior experience is needed in drumming or meditation. Through this retreat you will:
- An empirically validated model of therapeutic presence
- Self-compassion and mindfulness practices for cultivating presence and self-care
- How group drumming can increase vitality, social connectedness and well-being
- Mindful photography as tool for attention regulation, attunement and resiliency
Included will be:
- Take-home tools and practices for cultivating self-compassion and presence
- Drums and rhythm instruments
- Snacks and lunch on both days
- Access to the expansive beauty, waterfalls and trails of the retreat location: Scenic Sounds in the Beaver Valley.
You need to bring or arrange for:
- A camera, preferably SLR or digital with a zoom lens
- Accommodation (please contact us for a list of nearby B and B’s)